1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

How to load homepage without going to bookmarks?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tomjh99, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Tomjh99

Tomjh99 Active Member

Dec 4, 2009
    When I am using the brorwer and I go to a website, and after I am done looking at whatever it is I looked at I just just hit the home button and it take me out of the browser. Now when I go to use the browser again it pulls up with the last website I was looking at. I hit the menu key and usually have to tap bookmarks and then tap my homescreen bookmark. Is there an alternative way to load my homescreen ?

Advertisement

2. PGR

PGR Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Industrial Maintenance Supervisor
    Southern California
    Apparently not. Silly, isn't it?

Pete

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    If using a task killer, kill the browser and the next time you enter the. browser it'll be your homepage.

I know of no other way to do it....

4. mamiamjo

mamiamjo Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    I usually back out of the web browser. The next time I go into the browser, I'm at the home page. Or as stated above, use a Task Killer

5. osli

osli Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    If you have some real estate left on your home screens,try using a bookmarks widget. My left of center home screen has my bookmarks, and that's always how I enter the browser. Just set your home screen as the top entry in the bookmarks widget.

6. AmericanHero

AmericanHero Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    I noticed this as well. I created a shortut icon to a bookmark of my homepage and use it to start the browser. This works great.

Jack

7. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    IT
    Central NY
    On the home screen, long press and select Shortcut. From there select Bookmark. It will show you a list of your bookmarked sites. I select which site I want and it sits right on the "desktop" so when I click it I open Google.com (or what ever home page you wish it to be)

8. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Also if you use Dolphin browser, you can create a gesture (pattern to swipe on the screen) that will take you to your home page.

Tags: