• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to lock home screen icons folders dragging deleting settings

kumaranil13k

Jan 10, 2020
Question How to lock home screen icons folders dragging deleting settings

I have rooted my mobiles and installed Nova launcher now on home screen i have categroized apps icons in circle folders. As the phone is also used by kids and family members whole opening touching the mistakenly drag or delte the icon on home screen folders mistakenly

How can in rooted phone I can lock the home screen or drawer or folder icons or new notifications from deleting or dragging or changing...or from settings changes without pin or administrative permissions . Is it possible through app or adb shell commands kindly suggest.

I'd just enable Guest Mode for your other family members when they need to use your phone. It's already integral to Android so you don't need to install anything.
https://www.computerworld.com/article/3586570/android-privacy-feature.html
Your user account is left as is, along with all the customizations you made to its appearance. The Guest account is isolated from your primary user account so whatever they do won't be able to accidentally change how icons or screens are arranged or delete your files/folders.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones