1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to make all photos show up in library?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ayceem, Nov 3, 2013.

1. ayceem

ayceem Lurker

My boyfriend hooked up me with a larger SD card and transferred all my files over to the new card via his computer. At first, I was a little freaked out because I couldn't find the photos taken on the old SD card in the Library (located in Gallery). I finally found them after an hour or so of searching (not really a tech savvy girl).

Now I'd like to know if there's a way to get the old photos to show up with the new ones in the Library again? I can't find a folder in My Files that specifically relates to the photo library, just the general one for camera (in DCIM) that has all the photos from the old AND new SD cards. It's such a pain to have to open each old photo individually and not be able to easily display them to other people.

Any help on finding the right folder so I can display all my photos together again would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Me_Droid_Freak

Me_Droid_Freak Daryl Bowman

Well, I'm not sure why your photos aren't showing up. There isn't really a specific folder (that I know of) that your pictures need to be in. One thing I would check though is whether there is a ".nomedia" file in your old picture's folder. The ".nomedia" file tells the gallery not to check that folder for pictures, which is handy of it contains icons or something app related, but it may also keep your pictures from appearing. However, in Android, a period (".") in front of a file name makes it a hidden file, so you will either have to use a computer or else a file browser that lets you look for hidden files. It will be in the options somewhere. That's the only thing i can think of...