• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to make custom Moto 360 watch faces

So, I'm not really good with making stuff yet and need a bit of help. I'm learning, slowly.

What I would like to have, and haven't found, is rotating digital hands. Not sure how to explain it but if it's 9:50 then the 9 should be at the 9 position and the :50 should be at the 10 position but reading :50. There would be no ticks or hour/minute markings on the face, just the rotating digital readout. They would be layered over my face image.

How would I do this?

uploadfromtaptalk1415027219202.jpg

This is what I have now. I'd like the dots to be digital readouts.

Upvote 0
I am new to it too. I think you would have to make conditionals in the opacity for every minute stop, every hour stop to appear when that exact minute occurs and not appear when not that minute. I don't think there are text boxes that can move with the minutes. (actually the help says math coding can move text based on conditions but gives no examples).

Found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Facer/comments/2g4xi4/how_to_facer_math/

Best thing is to find a watch that does something similar. and look at the way the conditionals are coded.
Moving Blocks (proof of concept) by Shaggy | FaceRepo

bearduck | FaceRepo

8 & Jr Annual Calendar - Wood | FaceRepo

Upvote 0
Now there's an argument for the lawyers. I do know that those designs are protected by copyright and if I had my company image being diluted by digital copies, I might be flattered for a few seconds and then I'd put a stop to it.

I am sure no one is going to confuse a $6k Rolex Submariner with a $250 Moto 360, it still cheapens the brand to have unauthorized copies of supposedly exclusive designs freely distributed.

Upvote 0
I actually brought this up some where as well. I think on the custom band/face thread. I was offered this fix, you can go into your facer app on your phone, uncheck weather updates in settings and then recheck it and it fixes it. Not forever, and far from a perfect fix. But it works.

Outatime is who helped me.
"I have seen that. If you go into the Facer app under settings, uncheck and recheck the "Enable Weather Data" box, it will correct it. Not the best solution, but it works."

Upvote 0
I actually brought this up some where as well. I think on the custom band/face thread. I was offered this fix, you can go into your facer app on your phone, uncheck weather updates in settings and then recheck it and it fixes it. Not forever, and far from a perfect fix. But it works.

Outatime is who helped me.
"I have seen that. If you go into the Facer app under settings, uncheck and recheck the "Enable Weather Data" box, it will correct it. Not the best solution, but it works."
Thank you. That is a crappy solution but at least it makes many of the watch faces that I like but couldn't use usable.

Upvote 0
Word of warning on the 5.0 Update - if you have not updated to Android Wear 5, the update will disable Facer :mad:

My phone updated this morning and Facer no longer works on my 360. I now am waiting for the Android Update to become available so I can have my Facer back:mad:

I just came here to post this info. I have not yet updated Facer and I'm still ok. The word on the street is in the next "few days" the update will roll out to all Android Wear devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones