1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to make custom Moto 360 watch faces

Discussion in 'Moto 360' started by phandroid, Oct 7, 2014.

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot

The Moto 360 comes with some attractive watch faces, and most of them can even be customized to your liking. Still, you might want something a little more personal. You can create your own custom watch face with an app called Facer.

More...

Outatime likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

So, I'm not really good with making stuff yet and need a bit of help. I'm learning, slowly.

What I would like to have, and haven't found, is rotating digital hands. Not sure how to explain it but if it's 9:50 then the 9 should be at the 9 position and the :50 should be at the 10 position but reading :50. There would be no ticks or hour/minute markings on the face, just the rotating digital readout. They would be layered over my face image.

How would I do this?

uploadfromtaptalk1415027219202.jpg

This is what I have now. I'd like the dots to be digital readouts.

3. legalkill

legalkill Android Enthusiast

I am new to it too. I think you would have to make conditionals in the opacity for every minute stop, every hour stop to appear when that exact minute occurs and not appear when not that minute. I don't think there are text boxes that can move with the minutes. (actually the help says math coding can move text based on conditions but gives no examples).

Found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Facer/comments/2g4xi4/how_to_facer_math/

Best thing is to find a watch that does something similar. and look at the way the conditionals are coded.
    Moving Blocks (proof of concept) by Shaggy | FaceRepo

bearduck | FaceRepo

8 & Jr Annual Calendar - Wood | FaceRepo

4. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert

I just read that. Cease and desist from what? People freely posting photographs of their devices for personal use? If people were charging for these images I'd totally be on board. But as long as they're free, what's the harm?

marctronixx likes this.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Most likely those watch face designs are protected by copyright. While imitation might be the sincerest form of flattery, it's the oldest form of piracy.

6. Outatime

Outatime Android Expert

Is it piracy if no money is changing hands?

7. lunatic59

Now there's an argument for the lawyers. I do know that those designs are protected by copyright and if I had my company image being diluted by digital copies, I might be flattered for a few seconds and then I'd put a stop to it.

I am sure no one is going to confuse a $6k Rolex Submariner with a $250 Moto 360, it still cheapens the brand to have unauthorized copies of supposedly exclusive designs freely distributed.

8. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

One of the things that frustrates me most is not being able to use some faces because they don't load correctly.

For instance, this face. For whatever reason the weather pops ups as #wcw# (I think). The issue is always the weather not showing up correctly. How do I fix that?

9. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

I actually brought this up some where as well. I think on the custom band/face thread. I was offered this fix, you can go into your facer app on your phone, uncheck weather updates in settings and then recheck it and it fixes it. Not forever, and far from a perfect fix. But it works.

Outatime is who helped me.
    "I have seen that. If you go into the Facer app under settings, uncheck and recheck the "Enable Weather Data" box, it will correct it. Not the best solution, but it works."

10. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

Thank you. That is a crappy solution but at least it makes many of the watch faces that I like but couldn't use usable.

11. lunatic59

I'm thinking the 5.0 update to Facer should take care of that.

12. Rathamar

Rathamar Member

Word of warning on the 5.0 Update - if you have not updated to Android Wear 5, the update will disable Facer :mad:

My phone updated this morning and Facer no longer works on my 360. I now am waiting for the Android Update to become available so I can have my Facer back:mad:

Clementine_3 likes this.
  13. shalemail

shalemail Android Expert

I just came here to post this info. I have not yet updated Facer and I'm still ok. The word on the street is in the next "few days" the update will roll out to all Android Wear devices.