1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root how to make custom notification icons?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gallandof, May 30, 2011.

1. gallandof

gallandof Android Expert
    None

just wondering how to go about making a custom notification icon in the notification bar. Im assuming since its multiple parts that i cant simply just use ninjamorph.

im mainly looking to change the battery, 3g and wifi icons.

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    This will get you the battery icons, but you need to be deodexed first: http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...on-10-battery-mod-official-gb-v4-5-596-a.html

Otherwise, you can take that theme and swap out your own icons to modify it.

Faber had a tutorial here on how to do that, but you'd need to use a theme for your rom version (596?).

BTW, you have to be careful right now. Screw up and you have to sbf back go froyo, factory reset and then update to 596 (a lot of work).

Might be best to wait for a 596 sbf before starting this project. :D

3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    if you have the images, you can use ninjamorph to achieve what it is you need

i dont have ninja morph installed so i dont think i can show you where it is, i can tell you its in drawable-hdpi folder(i think)
    bouchigo can clarify this for me im sure.

4. 2000f350

2000f350 Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Indiana
    Ninjamorph does work to change icons, but it doesn't work as good as it used to in Froyo. I changed my Vibrate icon yesterday shortly after i flashed 596. The only problem that I had was that when I tried to finish the project, my phone gave me some sort of an error that wanted me to force close ninjamorph that kept reappearing. The only way out was a battery pull. When it booted back up, all was good including my changed icon. Just sayin, it does work, but be prepared for the worst....

5. cougar214

cougar214 Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Or you could just go to the UOT Kitchen on the net and select some new icons there and just flash them in cwr.