• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to make FB pic default over gmail pic on contact list?

hjeong87

Lurker
Aug 4, 2010
I been able to sync up my Facebook contact and Gmail contact onto my phone.

However on my contact, i want to view their facebook picture, not their gmail picture.
For some of my contacts, both facebook and gmail is linked.

For those whom have both fb and gmail account linked, my phone automatically shows their gmail pic.

How do i make facebook pictures default for all my contacts over gmail pic?

i think you need to join the contacts and make sure you start with the facebook contact click edit then join contacts and that should make the facebook the default

thats what i did and worked

I dont see a way to join the contacts, but it seems to work if I just remove the google contact and then add it back in.

P.S. Even though this works, it would be really nice to have a way to do this without having to do it for every contact individually. Like a setting to make facebook contacts the default under the accounts section.

Upvote 0
I dont see a way to join the contacts, but it seems to work if I just remove the google contact and then add it back in.

P.S. Even though this works, it would be really nice to have a way to do this without having to do it for every contact individually. Like a setting to make facebook contacts the default under the accounts section.

I agree if you click the contact then click your settings key the furthest to the left the box pops up and it is on the lower left it says join contact

Upvote 0
how about deleting the gmail picture (from your gmail, not the phone). will that work?

In this case, there actually wasn't a Gmail picture, so it wasn't showing a picture at all.

I found a pretty cool application that syncs Gmail and Facebook, which actually negates the problem completely. It also has the benefit of making my Gmail contacts a centralized source. I found it here:

Synchronizing Google and Facebook Contacts - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones