1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to Make My Mobile and Computer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dchell, Sep 25, 2014.

1. dchell

dchell Lurker

Hello there. I'm visiting a place where there is no wireless in the apartment and I use my mobile's tethering device to connect to the internet. When not in use, I immediately turn it off, and I'm not using iTunes. I know tethering uses more data, but it seems that's it using a lot more than I thought.

What are some ways to limit data on my computer (e.g. turn off automatic updates), on my computer's browser and on the mobile itself. I thought you could turn off application updates on my Samsung - but not sure how to do this. In addition, should I be limiting Facebook to the computer or phone or does it matter? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    -far from being a computer geek

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert

You will have to be a lot more specific before we can tell you anything useful.

First of all, how much is "much more"? If you'd expected 1MB from an evening browsing but ended up using 50MB, that is probably perfectly normal. On the other hand, if you've spent 20 minutes using FaceBook and this has consumed 1GB, something is clearly wrong.

The other key thing you don't mention is which operating system (Windows, MacOS, Linux etc.) you are using nor which browser you use.

One suggestion I can make though, is use a browser for which an ad blocker is available (e.g. Firefox, Chrome) and configure it to block all ads. That should cut the volume of traffic down considerably.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews