• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to make own theme?

wow i can't even begin to begin on a theme or even open a dam file or anything that gets me close to anything about a dam theme..i think i might leave this to the big dogs...excuse my lang but this is some hard ass shit my A.D.D kicked right in..

Just wait til you want to change something that's not an image but color codes and @color/xxxxx buried in xml ahaha

Upvote 0
InFeCtEdxGaMeR said:
wow i can't even begin to begin on a theme or even open a dam file or anything that gets me close to anything about a dam theme..i think i might leave this to the big dogs...excuse my lang but this is some hard ass shit my A.D.D kicked right in..

It's not hard. It is best to edit a theme that's already made. Change colors of icons or change the icons. That way you get an idea of how it all works. Once you get inside the apk, you'll see how a theme works.

All you need to edit is 7zip and paint.net.

Extract the theme files from a theme you wanna play with. (framework-res, systemui and res-cappuccino)

Right click on the apk click 7zip and expand. It will open the insides of the apk. You'll only be messing with the drawables hdpi folder so only extract it. Once you extract it you will see all the icons and images. Edit whichever you want. Save. Once your done right click on the apk again click 7zip expand and go inside the res folder and drag the extracted folder you've been editing inside of over to the 7zip window. It will replace the old folder in the apk.

Push it to your phone and your done. Once you do it you will see that playing around with simple stuff like this ain't hard.

If you even care or wanna learn that is ;)

Upvote 0
It's not hard. It is best to edit a theme that's already made. Change colors of icons or change the icons. That way you get an idea of how it all works. Once you get inside the apk, you'll see how a theme works.

All you need to edit is 7zip and paint.net.

Extract the theme files from a theme you wanna play with. (framework-res, systemui and res-cappuccino)

Right click on the apk click 7zip and expand. It will open the insides of the apk. You'll only be messing with the drawables hdpi folder so only extract it. Once you extract it you will see all the icons and images. Edit whichever you want. Save. Once your done right click on the apk again click 7zip expand and go inside the res folder and drag the extracted folder you've been editing inside of over to the 7zip window. It will replace the old folder in the apk.

Push it to your phone and your done. Once you do it you will see that playing around with simple stuff like this ain't hard.

If you even care or wanna learn that is ;)

Thanks for the help just what i needed to know what files to play around with... and yes i do wanna learn its just i'm a lazy person these days and just needed pointing in the right direction...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help just what i needed to know what files to play around with... and yes i do wanna learn its just i'm a lazy person these days and just needed pointing in the right direction...

Am lazy to but i kinda got the hang of it and just ask ppl LOL i ask Shiny Fuzzy Everyone that noes how to theme If u want i could help u A Lil How to get a head start

Upvote 0
Umm i dnt think so i think he means to get in the phone like android commander it lets u get in ur phone u can push and pull apks and files and stuuf

Yeah basically. Push means paste. Pull means cut or extract. Dont have to have commander, although its easier, but you can just put the files on your SD and move them with file manger or something like that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones