1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to make some money from my free App?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Rob2012, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Rob2012

Rob2012 Lurker

Hi guys,
    My first post here, so bare with me. :) I have made a simple widget app that already got over 20.000 free downloads ( with about 10.000 active installs ) in a bit over a week.

Maybe you could suggest some ways of making money from it? I can't directly sell it, as I'm in a non-supported country ( latvia ) and I also can't just slam banners onto it, as its a widget app, not a full screen activity.

Thanks! :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shengxin

Shengxin Well-Known Member

Whoops! Over 20K downloads in one week or so is very good. Congratulations!

You mentioned you can not sell from Google Play because your country is not supported, do you want to check whether you can sell through Amazon Appstore or another store available in your country?

I think banner is the only user-friendly way of doing ads for free apps. Other mechanisms like push ads are annoying to the users, so I don't recommend using them.

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I believe getjar is available in many countries. It is an alternative market.

4. deltaforce

deltaforce Android Enthusiast

Brilliant, may be you want to put a link to your app in your signature and let us know. I would love to try it :)

Sorry doesn't really answer your question.

5. Cryssie

Cryssie Well-Known Member

It is not really a steady income, but what if you add a donate option? With a link to Paypal or something.

6. Rob2012

Rob2012 Lurker