• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to manage my music collection?

sneakyimp

Lurker
Aug 21, 2012
I have a large collection of music living in iTunes and I want to make some of this music available on my Nexus S phone. I am comfortable buying music through iTunes, but iTunes won't talk to my phone.

I would like something like iTunes for managing my music library that lets me legally purchase new music directly from a reputable online music store (e.g., Amazon or similar). I also like the sorting, searching, and playlist management in iTunes and hope that there is a desktop application like this to manage my music. I don't want to have to enter my payment details each time I want to buy a song and I want the desktop app to sync with my phone.

Can anyone recommend such a tool? I've heard of doubletwist -- is that such a tool or does it just rip your files from iTunes?

I have a large collection of music living in iTunes and I want to make some of this music available on my Nexus S phone. I am comfortable buying music through iTunes, but iTunes won't talk to my phone.

I would like something like iTunes for managing my music library that lets me legally purchase new music directly from a reputable online music store (e.g., Amazon or similar). I also like the sorting, searching, and playlist management in iTunes and hope that there is a desktop application like this to manage my music. I don't want to have to enter my payment details each time I want to buy a song and I want the desktop app to sync with my phone.

Can anyone recommend such a tool? I've heard of doubletwist -- is that such a tool or does it just rip your files from iTunes?
Double twist is an app and a program for your computer:
Enjoy your Music, Video, Radio & iTunes on Android - doubleTwist

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones