• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to manage picture folders in gallery

• Thread starter FormerBBuserBrad
  • Start date
F

FormerBBuserBrad

Support. How do i move pictures from one folder to another in gallery? I have several folders in gallery where pictures are stored (loaded from my blackberry) and when I take new pictures with the Gal S3 they automatically store in the "camera" folder. Is there a way to move them to other folders I have created by subject (such as Kids, sports, outdoors, etc)?
Also, how to create a new folder in gallery for new subjects for picture storage.

Welcome!

Any photos you take will automatically get saved to the camera folder. You can't change this (at least not with the stock camera app - maybe with a 3rd party camera). You can move them by using a file manager program. Two popular apps are Astro and eStrongs. They work similarly to windows on a PC. You just need to locate the folder DCIM which contains the camera image folder. With eStrongs you can press and hold an image file to select it....then select multiple images. Once you've selected the images you want to move, you can click on the "more" button at the bottom and select "move to" and select the folder you want to move them to.

As far as getting other folders to show up in gallery, in theory any image-containing folders should appear in the gallery, but all of my gallery image folders appear in Sdcard>pictures. You can create new folders using estrongs or astro file managers as well.

Another option for file management is to install an app like Airdroid. This allows you to connect to a PC via wifi and manage the phone from the PC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones