• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[How-To] Manually Update Nexus One to Android 2.2 FRF91 (7/1/2010)

ATT/Rogers build EPE54B

That's the AT&T build and unless you install the ERE27 version first, this update zip file will not work. Not sure where you get ERE27, but I'm sure somebody at xda knows.

Hopefully there will be an AT&T version out soon. Since this started with the press versions first, and now this is up for the TM, I kind of expected that the ATT version would be last. I think I can wait........

Upvote 0
Just an update as I know there are other posts on this subject....

Installation was easy as repacked by Modaco for custom recovery flashing....downloading Flash 10.1 now & Froyo looks nice :)

Edit.....
The link I have provided also includes the latest version of GoogleApps.....not sure if it is the same via other update methods.

Upvote 0
The upgrade has worked fine for me. I have one issue that I think devs will have to fix. Let me know if you guys aren't seeing this. Google seems to have changed the way widgets can access the stock calendar. I had a widget that displayed my unread mail count, and it crashes on startup. Also the Pure Calendar widget loads, but cannot pull calendar data. Selecting calendars in settings of Pure shows no options.

Upvote 0
you cant do it yet for the ATT version unless you unlock your bootloader, which basically means voiding your warranty. unlocking the bootloader is one of the steps in rooting your phone if i understand correctly, so if you have waited this long, then there's not much sense in unlocking the bootloader now.

having said that, i might go ahead and unlock mine to install the update on my ATT nexus anyway. i dunno...this stinks.

Upvote 0
No, the reason you can't update your AT&T N1 is because it is not running ERE27.

The file leaked right now is only for ERE27 to Froyo. When the file for the AT&T version is leaked, I will also post it up.

For now, the only way to get this onto the AT&T version is to unlock the bootloader, load ERE27, then do the update.

Im on UK o2 ERE27 - should I be able to do this?

Im experiencing big problems but dont know what the cause is

Upvote 0
If you're running ERE27, have the stock recovery, then the file should work for you.

If you are rooted, have an unlocked bootloader, running a custom recovery, then it will block the file.

Thanks for quick reply.

Are you able to tell me if there is anything wrong with the below steps I took to install 2.2 as its not working.

Idownloaded the zip folder to my desktop.
Changed file name to update.zip
When I copy to SDCard it asks me for a password and then to reconfirm the password
Once entered the file copies over but shows as update.exe
I changed the .exe to .zip and the folder turned into a zip folder.
Power off, reboot, upload of the update.zip folder and the following message comes up.

E;Can't open /cache/recovery/command
--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Openeing update package...
Verifying update package...
E:Signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Upvote 0
It shouldn't be asking for any passwords when you copy to your sdcard, and it definitely should not be changing it to an .exe file.

How are you copying the file over? Are you just mounting your sd card and drag and dropping it?

Im right clicking it on the desktop, copy and then pasting onto the SD Card which I assume shows as D:

Would you know how to stop my card asking for a password?

Also, the download for froyo has the following folders, is this what you have?

META-INF
patch
recovery
system
error.565
install.565
radio.img

The last 3 files do not have a folder symbol at the side of them, and the file that says error.565 makes me think there was a problem with zip download. I downloaded it a few times and get the same folder contents.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones