• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[HOW TO] Manually Update to Official Jelly Bean LJ7 - Sprint Only

Update went well. I couldn't just move the file to external sd but I copied and pasted and then delete from internal sd.

Weird thing is, just after a reboot, I still had root. Apps were being given superuser permissions and everything. But then I rebooted again and once more trying to get light flow to behave and bam! Lost root.

Not an expert on root (brother on law helped do it) is there anything wrong with still having superuser installed now? I disabled it so I assume it will no longer try to give permissions, but should I unroot?

Ps Google now is smokin' hot.

Upvote 0
Download androzip from the market. Using your phone's browser, download the file from the OP's website. Next, open androzip, go into mnt/sdcard which is where your file downloaded. If you can (wouldn'tdo this for me ) long press on the file, select move and then hit up until you see the option to select "external sd" select and then touch the "move here" which should be on top right. I had to long press, select copy and then copy to the external sd. I then went back to the original file on the internal sd and long press, and deleted. Then follow the steps in the OP's video.

Upvote 0
I had a problem with moving it to the SD card as well. So I went to the site and downloaded it via the phone. I then searched to where it was downloaded (download folder on phone). I then "pressed and held" the file and it gave me a few options. I chose "move" and then went to the external SD card and the file was moved there.

I then rebooted following the instructions in the video and all went fine!

Upvote 0
Guys I downloaded the file. I'm fully stock, checked to verify my baseband version was correct, moved the file to my external sd card and after I do power+ home+ volume down I get a warning that changing the OS could harm the phone, I get asked to push volume down to continue, then when I do this a large android icon appears in the middle of the screen and there is a message that says "downloading do not turn off target" but it's been going on longer than the initial download of the zip file took.

There is also some small text in the upper left hand corner of the screen which reads:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SPH-L710
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
Etc...
Etc...

What am I doing wrong and how do I go to do the steps like in the video?

Thanks!d

Upvote 0
I had a problem with moving it to the SD card as well. So I went to the site and downloaded it via the phone. I then searched to where it was downloaded (download folder on phone). I then "pressed and held" the file and it gave me a few options. I chose "move" and then went to the external SD card and the file was moved there.

I then rebooted following the instructions in the video and all went fine!

Yeah I just downloaded the zip to my computer. Plugged in my phone, and copy and pasted the zip file to the SD card. Followed the directions on Youtube and had zero issues.

Rocking JB, sweet! Thank you very much!!!

Upvote 0
Amazing!! Thanks so much, worked perfectly and actually installed in less than 5 mins!

Question - how do you get the weather to show back up in the drop down tray? I cleared the tray by accident and now its gone - it displayed the temp and had an icon - kinda cool - cant find the setting

Did not notice that, also the wifi logo is different and no more active icons showing activity which is nice -

Also to answer my own question above you need to turn off than on Google now to get the weather to come back on in your notification tray if you accidentally clear the entire tray - ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones