• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How To Mod your WM8650 Tablet

Super cool worked in Finland with number 8 ! Thanks alot ! :)
What tab are you using i mean any pics or some thing..?
green led..??
VIA_8650_6.jpg

Please Tell

Upvote 0
New to the device and the forum. I eagerly anticipate trying this upgrade with the SD readt to go. But a couple of questions before I brick it:

About reports:
WonderMedia WM8650 (but it's a 10" iPad looking version)
Android version 2.2
Kernel version 2.6.32.9-default
Build number generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.5-20110920.043830

So is this one that will take this ROM upgrade and would I still seelct number 27?
Is there an option for a later Android version?
Will this allow this to be seen as "compatible"? Some apps seem to need to comply with a compatibility statement like Chase mobile bank, wundergound app for weather, etc. I would expect that as openware it's all at your own risk.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi, I am new to this forum and also to this device, I got it during Christmass and I am upset that it is kinda slow and that market does not work. So I am really glad, that I have found this threat.

I would like to make this flashing/rooting/uprading of my device but I am scared doing it due to some reponses in which people describe that their device stopped working after this acction.

My device specs are:
Model Number : WonderMedia WM8650
Android Version : 2.2
Kernel Version : 2.6.32.9-default
Build Number : generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.5-20110920.103830

So I would like to know, If someone with same or simmiliar device done this action with succes and if you had probloms.

Arraart

Upvote 0
Hi, I am new to this forum and also to this device, I got it during Christmass and I am upset that it is kinda slow and that market does not work. So I am really glad, that I have found this threat.

I would like to make this flashing/rooting/uprading of my device but I am scared doing it due to some reponses in which people describe that their device stopped working after this acction.

My device specs are:
Model Number : WonderMedia WM8650
Android Version : 2.2
Kernel Version : 2.6.32.9-default
Build Number : generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.5-20110920.103830

So I would like to know, If someone with same or simmiliar device done this action with succes and if you had probloms.

Arraart

Same cofig; tried 27,2,10,32,1,11,15,7 w/o success; let me know what works for you

Upvote 0
Same cofig; tried 27,2,10,32,1,11,15,7 w/o success; let me know what works for you

Hi, I managed to get my Android Market work again so I did not flashed at all. Need to say that flashing is just for lazy people who do not want to do things for themselves so they just download this file as the easiest way of fixing their tablet.

I suggest to you browsing teh internetz to find out some bugs/errors of your tablet.

Arraart

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Has anybody experienced a senario where the root works perfectly but wireless network cannot be connected to (after using RT3070 flag)? It can detect my network and I can see from my router logs its accepted. But when attempting to connect, the tablet just says failed (after attempting to obtain IP address).

On pre-rooted android wireless could be connected to. I modified various router settings such as AES/TKIP, WPA/WPA2 etc but nothing worked.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I went through all of uberdroid options and found 26,27,28,30,31 worked but had this same problem.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Has anybody experienced a senario where the root works perfectly but wireless network cannot be connected to (after using RT3070 flag)? It can detect my network and I can see from my router logs its accepted. But when attempting to connect, the tablet just says failed (after attempting to obtain IP address).

On pre-rooted android wireless could be connected to. I modified various router settings such as AES/TKIP, WPA/WPA2 etc but nothing worked.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I went through all of uberdroid options and found 26,27,28,30,31 worked but had this same problem.

I suggest you keep trying and trying to connect, mine will connect to the internet but it is very hit and miss - and it very rarely connects immediately.
It is very frustrating but it does indicate that my configuration is correct.
I'm guessing there is some clash with other devices hooking up to the wireless network.
If I get anywhere with it I will post back...

Upvote 0
My wi-fi is horrendous on this tablet, will only stay connected for 2 mins max, then you have to disable and reconnect even when right next to the router. I have tried a range of channels to no avail. Any advice?

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have trouble getting the connection but once it connects it stays connected. I did install the App 'Wifi Fixer' which gets praised in other threads/forums. I was able to upload it onto my PC and then transfer it to the tablet using the USB attachment.

I don't know if it makes any difference but it may help you.

Upvote 0
Will this work on my MID device?

Here are my specs:

MID 7" Tablet With SIM Slot (Call and Text)
Android Name and Logo at the back.
Green Light, Red Light when charging.
Can Connect to PC via USB

Model Number: Wondermedia wm8650
Android Version: android 2.2
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-default
Build Number: generic-eng2.2 froyo ver 1.5.3-20110920.043830

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
i have the wm8650 wondermedia 7 inch screen bought from a happy deal in china, it is for my boyfriend i so want to update everything but i am scared that i will ruin it as it is his christmas present, can i unzip it with winzip and is it easy to download and install or should i pay some one, want skype as well is this possible and how do you increase memory

hi,

u have to check for the sku label on the back, if it is uu00015 you have a mid M009G you have to use the option number 59 on the selector.

Upvote 0
Mine is basically a brick now despite following the directions at the top exactly. Saw the Android guy pop up and then went away, no progress bar, nothing. Left for a while
and zip. Any ideas?

When it worked, about reports:
WonderMedia WM8650 (but it's a 10" iPad looking version)
Android version 2.2
Kernel version 2.6.32.9-default
Build number generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver1.5.5-20110920.043830

Is listed as a MID U102.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones