1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to move and resize the rows and columns of Table rows and columns

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by saisuri, May 28, 2017.

1. saisuri

saisuri Lurker

I am new to Android Development. Appreciate if you could help me. I am trying to build a mobile application that is almost the kind of excel spreadsheet. I build using TableLayouts and TableRows. I wanted to move the rows and/or columns by touching & dragging the border of tablerows and columns same as we do in excel. I tried by attaching a custom view to each table row/column that act as borders and assigning ontouch listeners to those custom views & then tried to make a move using MotionEvent events so that I tried resizing the row size after a move. But it was not so accurate. The move is not flexible, it is causing jerk moves while I touch & move the border views and resizing is not happening correctly & the move is not flexible at all. May I know what are the best options I have in android to achieve this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. saisuri

saisuri Lurker

Thanks for the response. Though I know the option of google sheets, I wanted to develop as native app coz I would include many customizations to it later. So would like to check the ways if I can develop