• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to move apps from sd(external) to internal storage??

bellaxoch

Lurker
Jan 8, 2013
I had to do a factory reset on my phone so I moved all my apps, pictures, music to my external SD. For the apps I went to Settings>Applications>move to SD card. After the reset I put the external SD back in the phone and the pictures and music were there but not the apps? I downloaded Rescan SD! so maybe the phone would scan the apps in the SD card and nothing. Anybody know how to move the apps back to internal storage?

You did not move the app from internal storage to the external storage in the first place. What you did was to move some of the data for the apps. The executable files of the app is in the non-accessible part of the internal memory (unless rooted). What you probably saved are like save points of some games or maybe the ebooks.... not the executable part of the apps (like the ebook reader).

Anyway, you want the apps back. Download and install again.

Next time, what you need to do is to download an app to backup apps. What that does is create apk. files for the apps in the phone. You can transfer the apk. to the external memory and move them back. Tapping the apk. files will then install the app back into the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones