• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to move apps to sd card...Done photos, txt mesgs and data, can't do apps?

Empress1

Jan 15, 2016
LG G4...Love it.....Ok, so just joined and no upto date threads for this phone....So you all have the answers. So how do I move an APP to my 64 gb sd card? Also anyone got the ability to record phone calls as the videos I have seen show a record button on the dialer app? Any help gratefully received else I keep trudging through video to video. Thanks if anyone out there.

Some apps cannot be moved. For those that are, you have to do it by going to setttings-general-apps and going to each app one by one to see which can be moved. The ones that are will have "move to sd card" as an option. The ones that can't will have that wording sort of whited out.
Hi thanks for info but I know this as my LG optimus has this feature in the apps, but on the LG G4 there is no option greyed out or selectable. Seems my 64gb sd card with only be useful for files, photos, etc, and my internal will get filled up with apps and cashe. My optimus allowed this feature and I could run the apps from there, especially big map data. The LG G4 with sd card facility seems pretty worthless. But thanks for the reply anyway

Upvote 0
Why do you want to move apps?
Have bought a 64gb sd card and would like to move APPS to it. My LG optimus allows this feature and works very well, especially with map data. The LG G4 does not have this feature, greyed out or otherwise. Seems only photos, files, txts can be moved. Pain in the proverbial. Thanks for asking the question though

Upvote 0
maybe this will help you (from google) Move Files from Internal Storage to a Memory Card - LG G4. From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Tools > File Manager. Tap the appropriate folder (e.g., Music, Pictures, Ringtones, etc.) Tap Move or Copy (located at the bottom).
Thanks but I can move these files easily but how do you move the apps and have them work from the sd card. My LG optimus allows this but the old LG G4 dont do. Option not available in apps. Thanks for reply though.

Upvote 0
Depending on what version LG G4 you've got and what country you're in, built-in call recording might not be available or is disabled, because of telephony privacy laws, etc. There are call recording apps you could try, like Total Call Recorder.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toxsl.totalcallrecorder
Thanks for advice. I am in England and saw this feature on youtube, but after looking at the call program it is not featured. Installing something like totalcallrecorder from a third party does not sound to safe to me. Would hate to think that all my conversations are being recorded elsewhere, but will look into that one. Thanks

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Thanks for advice. I am in England and saw this feature on youtube, but after looking at the call program it is not featured. Installing something like totalcallrecorder from a third party does not sound to safe to me. Would hate to think that all my conversations are being recorded elsewhere, but will look into that one. Thanks

OK, I'm pretty sure the UK has telephony privacy laws. Something like the other party must be informed and know they're being recorded, and that's why when you phone your bank or insurance or something in the UK, first thing you hear is "This call maybe recorded...". And mobile phones have to comply with it to be approved for sale and use in the UK. You could try changing the country region on your phone, to something that isn't UK or European Union, as it may just be a region lockout for call recording.

AFAIK Total Call Recorder is safe and private, nothing is uploaded. It's often recommended here on AF, although I've never used it myself. I'm in China and my phone can record phone calls.

Last edited:
Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones