• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to move movies from a laptop to the X, Maybe a tutorial for the complete idiot ??

Gregg C

Jul 18, 2010
How do I move a movie from my laptop (AVI file) to the X, Maybe a tutorial for the complete idiot ?? (Step by step)
I hooked up my X to my laptop with a USB cable, drivers were downloaded and thats all that happened.
Do I need a program on my laptop ? Someway to "see" the phone on the laptop and then how to move a movie in AVI format ??

Thanks Guys
Gregg

with the phone connected to the pc, slide down the notification bar on the top(where the time is). you should be presented with 4 options. tap on pc mode.

now your phone can be seen by the pc. go into your sd card and create a VIDEO folder.

drag the avi file from your pc to the VIDEO folder on your sd card.

done.

you may want "act1video player" it supports multiple file extensions

Upvote 0
Ask and you shall receive !!
My answer in 10 minutes !!
Love this site !!
Thanks !!
Gregg

No problem
i want to add one crucial step that i forgot. It is actually the last step and goes below the "drag from pc to VIDEO folder on sd". Therefore, it will look like this:

"with the phone connected to the pc, slide down the notification bar on the top(where the time is). you should be presented with 4 options. tap on pc mode.

now your phone can be seen by the pc. go into your sd card and create a VIDEO folder.

drag the avi file from your pc to the VIDEO folder on your sd card.

once youre progress bar completes, slide the notification bar down on your X, and select "charge only"

done.

you may want "act1video player" it supports multiple file extensions "

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones