1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root How to nandroid backup?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by graywolferis1, Apr 10, 2010.

1. graywolferis1

graywolferis1 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I've looked on google, but they mention nothing of the eris, I want to be sure how to nandroid backup for the eris so I don't screw up while rooting.

Advertisement

2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Sterling, IL
    You make a nandroid after its rooted and after you've installed the amon's recovery image. Just boot into recovery mode and make a backup, it takes about a minute or so and when its done you'll have a complete back up of your phones internal memory. If you ever mess things up down the road when flashing a rom you can always recover and reflash it with one of your backups to get you back up and running.

3. dusthead

dusthead Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    US Navy - IT Instructor
    New London, CT
    even with how many times all over the site people said to do it...i ****in forgot just when i was going from 1.5 to rooted 2.1....couldn't believe it.

4. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Sterling, IL
    Yeah i did a backup right after the amons recovery image was installed, at least then if i messed anything up with the flashing of the new rom i'd be able to restore it back to that point and go from there.

5. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm a cableguy....really
    Monterey, CA
    I though I read somewhere that you can have multiple Nandroid backups? For example one for each rom?
    If true, how do I do this?

I just did my second backup, but still only see one for me to restore....

Edit. Nevermind. I was just looking at the folder that contained both backups inside...

6. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Iowa
    Just create them from inside recovery mode. Afterwards, look in your SD card for a "NANDROID" folder. You can rename each one to remind you which ROM is which. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Sorry, missed your edit. I apologize for the redundancy.