• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to obtain update.

luke318is

Jun 6, 2010
Hi. Im still looking for a straight answer here. If my phone is an unlocked rogers phone on the fido network, how will i obtain the update. Obviously i wont get an SMS from rogers, they dont know my phone number lol.

Do i just need to keep checking seus? Does seus think i still have a rogers phone?

Hi. Im still looking for a straight answer here. If my phone is an unlocked rogers phone on the fido network, how will i obtain the update. Obviously i wont get an SMS from rogers, they dont know my phone number lol.

Do i just need to keep checking seus? Does seus think i still have a rogers phone?

If you havent changed the firmware, which if you have only unlocked i dont think you would have, then your software will still be the rogers one.
So id say keep checking pc companion/seus.
As for Time frame any time FROM 8th Nov
see my post Here - http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/209832-bad-news-rogers-users.html#post1844317

Upvote 0
well i have downloaded updates from seus, does that mean i screwed myself? or will seus still recognize my phone as being a rogers phone?

as long as you did not de-brand your phone it will recognize it as a Rogers phone for software purposes. I unlocked mine and run on Telus. To check for sure do the following...

From swipe screen don't swipe to unlock but press... Menu Back Back Menu Back Menu Menu Back and then go into service info and it will tell you what network the phone is locked to. Go into Service info and then into Model info.

It should say Canada and Rogers.

Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones