1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to only get gmail during certain hours of the day

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Nicoleemb, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Nicoleemb

Nicoleemb Guest
    None
    Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to only get gmail notifications certain times of the day. I have a S5 if that matters.

Basically I have to get my work emails sent to my phone when I'm not at the office. I am at the office M-F 8-4. What I don't want is to be getting my work emails on my phone if I'm at work, seeing as how I'm usually at my desk and dealing with my emails on the computer is much easier.

Does anyone know if there is a way to only get emails after 4pm and on weekends?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Nicole

Advertisement

2. badblue1

badblue1 * TRUCKS ARE BEAUTIFUL *
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Male
    truck driver
    ~ the "burgh" ~
    Just turn off auto sync while your at work, when you leave work, and on the weekend's turn it on :D

I leave mine off most of the time (saves battery) when i want to get my emails, i turn it on.

I think there is an app that i heard about that you can setup the way you want, search in the playstore for " periodic auto sync " ;)

3. tommo47

tommo47 Android Expert

Feb 5, 2012
    Male
    Retired
    Llangollen, North Wales.
    Hi Nicole, welcome to Android Forums.

Assuming your stock mail app is as flexible as the one on my HTC One, you could add your gmail account to it and just turn sync off in your gmail app.

The HTC stock mail app gives options to select 'Peak' and 'Off peak' periods for each day of the week and a range of sync intervals from every 5 minutes to every 4 hours or manual.

Hope this helps

:)

badblue1 likes this.