• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to open and edit boot.img ?

Hey yall I was hoping one of you wonderful people can tell or give me a guide to open, edit and repack a boot.img?

Thank you all !!!!
I use the Android Kitchen to do em, simply for the ease of all the scripts and the menu to run em. But its the unpackbootimg and packbootimg scripts you need.

What are you wanting to edit in it?

Upvote 0
I was gonna try to play around with the stock kernal and your kernal to see if I could get hdmi to work?
need more than just the boot.img for that, need the kernel src or figure out what got deleted in the ROM thats needed.

I've not found the cause for it not too work, so I've not really done anything to fix it yet. ;)

Upvote 0
I don't think it's the ROM I'm on you're ginger extreme when I flash a stock kernal hdmi works.... Correct me if I'm wrong.... you absolutely know more than I you are the BEST and I thank you for your help on this and for everything you do for us!!!!!
You prolly here this all the time but I will be donating as soon as I can.... Again THANK YOU!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I don't think it's the ROM I'm on you're ginger extreme when I flash a stock kernal hdmi works.... Correct me if I'm wrong.... you absolutely know more than I you are the BEST and I thank you for your help on this and for everything you do for us!!!!!
You prolly here this all the time but I will be donating as soon as I can.... Again THANK YOU!!!!!!
yea I'm not denying it could be sumtin with the modded kernel, its just finding what it is lol.

And ty!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones