• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to open links in Hotmail in a browser??

MMV

Lurker
Nov 3, 2022
This has been driving me insane for a year since I bought my phone. When I'm on my a52 Galaxy phone, and I click on a link in a Hotmail email, it only opens in Outlook, and it doesn't open in a browser. Which means if I have to for example have a code sent to me to be able to get into a site because I forgot my password or some such, I can't do it because I have to exit the program because I'm stuck in Outlook and I can't do anything else. I am hoping against hope there is a setting on my phone that I'm just unaware of!

I've seen this recommendation in several places. But on my phone when I go into my Outlook app, and I go to settings, there is no "open links in browser" option. Anywhere. I've been looking for an option like that for a year. A great example is this thread. I got an email showing you had replied. So I clicked on the View Reply link, and it only opens in my email. It doesn't open in a separate browser.

Upvote 0
This is the only option I have that looks remotely like what you're recommending. And it doesn't work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221103-101151_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20221103-101151_Settings.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones