• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to opt out the Designed for Families program of Google Play?

James_Watson

Android Enthusiast
  • Dec 8, 2014
    okblackcafe.blogspot.com
    Hi,

I have a free app available on Google Play. I got an email from Google Play after I submitted the 'Target audience and content' for this app on 'App content' page of Play Console today. It said that my app does not meet their eligibility criteria for the Designed for Families program.

As my app is designed for everyone, I decide not to participate in the Designed for Families program for the app. But I failed to find any options to allow me to opt out the Designed for Families program.

Sign in to my Play Console.
    Select my app.
    On the left menu, click Store presence > Pricing & distribution.

But in the 'User programs' section, I couldn't find the "Designed for Families".
    There are only 'Managed Google Play' and 'Daydream'.

Why is not there a checkbox about "Designed for Families" for me to uncheck?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I have a free app available on Google Play. I got an email from Google Play after I submitted the 'Target audience and content' for this app on 'App content' page of Play Console today. It said that my app does not meet their eligibility criteria for the Designed for Families program.

As my app is designed for everyone, I decide not to participate in the Designed for Families program for the app. But I failed to find any options to allow me to opt out the Designed for Families program.

Sign in to my Play Console.
    Select my app.
    On the left menu, click Store presence > Pricing & distribution.

But in the 'User programs' section, I couldn't find the "Designed for Families".
    There are only 'Managed Google Play' and 'Daydream'.

Why is not there a checkbox about "Designed for Families" for me to uncheck?

Thank you in advance.
    At last, I contacted the Customer Service of Google Play Developer Console. They accepted my app update.
    Probably there is some defect for their developer console and review procedure about the Designed for Families program.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones