• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to pause downloads on apps

Binsk, I would love to help you with your question, if I could, however I would need more info. You asked if there was a way to pause downloading apps on android devices, however, you also mentioned that if you start downloading a 2gb file it wouldn't be good to start over. Well, first off, there aren't any 2gb android apps that I know of. Second, if you are indeed asking if there is a way to pause an app download, I don't think there is a feature on android for this. Now, if you are asking about starting/pausing a 2gb document/file download, that would be continguent upon the options within the app that you are using for this download. If you are speaking about apps and aren't sure that you would have time to download them, Google/Android does have a "My Wishlist" feature on the Google Play Store where you can save apps that you are interested in installing so that you can come back and install the app at a later time. Not sure if this answers your question or not.

Upvote 0
I was just using that as an example. I'm mainly talking about large games. I tried the method above and found that it worked. I started to download an app and then shut off WiFi. I then shut off my device. When I turned it back on, I also turned the WiFi back on. The app resumed downloading where it left off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones