• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to play AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV and more on Android phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you would be suprised what can happen by simply changing the extention to mp4.
That will do it for you on a number of the players...

yes, finally! Someone who works smarter and not harder! You folks do do do realize that by running all these roms that require a different file extension you're never gonna be satisfied. The price you pay.

Whoever you are keep posting. We need more AmeriCANS and less AmeriCANT'S.

Upvote 0
Im doing some streaming from a upnp server (seagate home unit) and I have some mvk files with audio dts, and nothing is playing these but rock player, but rock player video is unwatchable (choppy, distorted, ect..), I tried just about everything listed on this thread but real being it wants money and I don't think it will work either.

I'm using Bubbleupnp to get the files and it plays in mx player (and lots of other players) but no audio, Rock plays video and audio but video is unwatchable.

Has anyone been able to pay these HD streaming videos with dts audio near perfect somehow??

Thanks in advance

edit : I have a samsung galaxy note 2 verizon

Upvote 0
The best movie player is mxplayer, not only it can play the formats you mentioned, it covers vob files too. also controlling it is really easy.

Mxplayer is great but does not play mvk files in 1080p with dts audio, when you try you get no audio (video is fine if you can read lips) and sometimes it says audio codex not supported or something like that.

Edit:
Instead of bringing this thread up to top, I am going to reference the fix in this thread. Mx player is great!!

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/660099-mvk-file-player-dts-audio-thru-upnp-server.html#post5301493

Upvote 0
You have two choices:
1.Install Media Player for Android
Popular Android MKV players include Mobo Player, MX Video Player and Rock Player. With a smart player installed on your Android device, you can play MKV movies without conversion on your Android device.though there are so many MKV players for Android, many of them can

Upvote 0
You may try iDealshare VideoGo to convert AVI to Samsung Galaxy to import AVI to Samsung Galaxy with high efficiency for successfully playing AVI in Samsung Galaxy.

This guide also helps to convert MKV, WMV, MPG, FLV, VOB, MOV, ASF, RMVB etc to Samsung Galaxy

This requires a PC(Windows) or Mac OS X. IMO easier just to install a more capable third-party video player on the Samsung Galaxy itself, something like VLC, MX, Mobo, etc, especially if you haven't got a PC or Mac available. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Slug
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones