1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to play .avi-.wmp-realplayer video on eris

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dandroideris, Dec 28, 2009.

1. dandroideris

dandroideris Newbie

any suggestions?

thanks

2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Android Expert

From the Eris User's Guide:

[​IMG]

Looks like either transcoding (format conversion) or finding a video player app is in your future. Two different converters are MediaCoder (free, but a royal pain in the arse to use), and Android Converter (not so free - $40). You might also want to do a Google search such as "android media players" - there's even a couple of threads on this board about it (mixed results)

Smartphones are not PCs - remember it wasn't that long ago that an iPhone couldn't open PDF files or play Flash videos.

eu1

3. Ataranine

Ataranine Android Enthusiast

$40????
    HAH!
    Wow just torrent- er..buy ImTOO or videora.

4. dandroideris

dandroideris Newbie

so if i convert files do i still need a market video player?...... if so, can you recommend one?

thanks

5. Ataranine

If you convert the files to one of the supported formats, you'll have no need for a downloaded video player.

6. Keith.Barrows

Keith.Barrows Newbie

I am playing around with the Real Player Converter (free edition) and have not had a lot of luck yet. So many different versions of H.264. :thinking:

Trying the Apple iPod H.264 version now...

Addition: iPod did not work so well. Have sound but no visuals. So far all the formats I've tried (per the user manual) have been epic failures.

Addition: I got iPod to work with these settings:

VIDEO DETAILS
    Format: Apple h.264
    Quality: Automatic
    Resolution: 320x240 (low)

AUDIO DETAILS
    Format: AAC
    Quality: 128 kbps Stereo

7. Ataranine

8. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Android Enthusiast

Yes, just use a free program to convert to MP4 (iPhone) and it works great.

9. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One...

10. Ataranine

I think Videora is free too, it's easy as hell to use, and it's real good. Encodes/Converts files quickly.

11. jtan

jtan Newbie

For my Eris Droid, i usually use this android video converter to convert various video to my Eris-friendly format, Easy-to-use ...

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews