1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to play music from usb storage?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cross400, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Cross400

Cross400 Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2012
    I connected my galaxy s2 to my computer and transferred music from my itunes into the usb storage. After I disconnected and waited for the media scanner to finish, I went to the default music app and none of my music is found, when I go to "my files" my music is there but not in the music app. Can anyone help?

Advertisement

2. zmarko

zmarko Member
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    Denver, CO
    My music comes up for me. Although I think I didn't load the music onto the card while it was in the phone, I used a card reader to plug the SD card into and plugged it into my computer, browsed the folders until I found the music folder, and loaded my music in that way.

It's possible that it's the same to do it while the card is IN the phone, but that's how I did it and it works for me.

3. heavychevy

heavychevy Android Expert
    None

Jun 12, 2010
    usb storage is the phone hard drive I think (not the SD card). I had the same problem with mine, but once I disconnected the phone from the computer all was fine. If he is talking about the SD card then he should try moving a song to the internal storage and seeing what happens. But before even doing that he should try rebooting the phone to make sure that the phone is seeing the music. It should automatically pop up in the music folder after being transferred to the phone.

It's a little confusing how they have it listed in the my files folder. Mine says /sdcard at the top however it's not the SD card, it's the internal storage. All of my actual SD stuff is on a separate folder called external_sd. However when it's actually in the SD memory, there is a little SD card icon at the top in front of the /sdcard label.

4. davis.rob

davis.rob Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Are they MP3 files or iTunes music files? I believe files purchased through iTunes have DRM protection ... not sure if they don;t show up or just don't play.

5. heavychevy

heavychevy Android Expert
    None

Jun 12, 2010
    Mine plays Itunes files just fine.

6. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    You could always try double twist to sync your music to your phone. Or you could use Google music and store it in the cloud for free and be able to access it on any android device or computer.