1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How to play Xvid files on TV via Atrix HDMI cable?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by DCKelly09, Jul 16, 2011.

1. DCKelly09

DCKelly09 Lurker
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    Washington, D.C.
    I've recently converted to android phones from an iphone, but so excited figuring out everything my new Atrix can do. Would appreciate any newbie-friendly advice on how to do this!:

My objective is to find a way to get torrent videos on my Atrix to play on my TV via the HDMI cable. I figured out how to stream from my computer using VLC player, but then found The HDMI cable only plays video through the motorola HD multimedia app. Some phone apparently have apps that allow mirroring, but as far as I can tell there aren't any yet for the Atrix and I would need the the multimedia dock to do this.

I haven't rooted my phone, but I've found some commands that might let me mirror if I do (I've very limited understanding of rooting and might need a day or so to figure it out)

But will mirroring this way have good resolution, or will it just look like my phone blown on a tv? Any other suggestions beside rooting to get my videos out of my phone?

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    You need to convert the videos to an h264 baseline codec to be able to play them with the stock player. Handbrake will do this, and its free, and there are TONS of guides on here how to use it. Just search "handbrake" on here.