1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to post App & Game Announcements

Discussion in 'Site Updates & Announcements' started by Rob, Mar 11, 2017.

1. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I've approved the other app sections, so they should start to function as expected. If download link doesn't show or work try creating a new thread. If that works you can report old thread and have it deleted.

Unforgiven likes this.
  2. Erica799

Erica799 Newbie

Still, the apps: VideoShow, V Recorder, Tapslide, GifGuru don't have download link :(

3. NightAngel79

Administrator

I approved the 2 I missed, v recorder and gifguru. Not sure how the links get populated.

You tried creating new threads? Report any of the ones where it didn't work and have them deleted, just in case you haven't, or if that was part of the issue.

Otherwise I will have to put a note into the owner @Rob to figure out what I'm missing.

4. KBU2

KBU2 Android Expert

Copy and paste seem to work for me:thinking:

5. Erica799

Erica799 Newbie

I've tried creating new threads and report them, but it didn't work:(

6. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Are you creating these threads via the AF app after downloading your app?

7. Erica799

Erica799 Newbie

I've tried both, creating threads via app & pc

8. priya95

priya95 Lurker

how can I upload an image, when I upload the image it looks as a attachment, i want to add an image in my description. How can i upload full display image?

9. Our app isn't available on Google PlayStore or Amazon in the adult format? How do we go about promoting it on here?

10. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Our rules require a play link for security as well as maintaining a family friendly content level.

11. preshtasha69

preshtasha69 Lurker

12. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

@preshtasha69 ???????????
    care to add some words explaining what you want? those pics are great but i'm not sure if you are asking a question or trying to promote an app? i know english might not be your language, but we have no idea what you are trying to say. you can use google translate if you need it to help you post you question.

welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!! by the way

13. maire5

maire5 Well-Known Member

Question: On some other sites I used to visit, the admins removed all the app announcements about six years ago and said the reason was because the Play Store forbid the policy. Were they just blowing smoke? It was surprising to see app announcements alive, well, and proliferating here. Just wondering if you could shed some light.

14. NightAngel79

Administrator

At one point we battled dev spam to an insane degree. We had to structure it as you see here. Not sure we outright banned it here, but we have def relaxed restrictions these days.

olbriar and Unforgiven like this.
  15. maire5

maire5 Well-Known Member

I always suspected there was no interference from Google. For some reason, those site honchos just decided they didn't want app announcements on the sites any longer and they must have thought the membership and staff needed to be told a "story" to shift the responsibility for the decision. Could not complain about annoying spam because nobody wanted to tell the moderating staff to do something sometimes. Can't always leave the dirty work to one or two conscientious moderators. Myself, I always saw a purpose for the announcements, as long as staff kept things under control, neat and tidy. But like I said, one or two people can't do it all.