1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to post something as newbie... even without links?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hydrostarr, Aug 31, 2011.

1. hydrostarr

hydrostarr Newbie

I've tried several time to make a post in classifieds section that doesn't have any links... but the error keeps saying: "As a new user, posts cannot make posts with links or images! When you reach the required number of posts, this filter will be lifted. Contact Phases if you need to bypass this filter early." Again, no links, no images, nothing like that. But still the error.

Thoughts?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

Welcome! Send a private message to Phases.

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

The system prevents new users from posting links or images to help prevent spam.

Looks like you've been around a while (so I hope you aren't a spammer)! To bypass it, shoot a PM to Phases (Click this LINK). He'll be the one you need to get around it.

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF! :)

5. hydrostarr

hydrostarr Newbie

Posting a followup... I'm told this post will lift the filter.

ALSO: can someone also reply to this thread so that I know my email notifications are working? (email notifications weren't previously working because the email server wouldn't retry grey-listed email sends... i've since attempted to fix that on my email server for this address and would like to get new email notifs... hence I'm requesting a new reply to this thread... thanks!)

6. hydrostarr

hydrostarr Newbie

Yes, email notifications (along with posting that includes links) working now, thx!

7. TheCompBoy

TheCompBoy Android Enthusiast

Welcome to the forums!

8. ge-orgia

ge-orgia Lurker

how many posts to you need in order to post something with links?

9. Steven58

I'm not sure, I think 15?

10. Patti Romo

Patti Romo Lurker

Hi! I'm Patti, brand new today. Google sent me here to find out how to copy +paste on Face Book,I was asked to register and here I am,lol! But I got lost along the way...what with Home Page URL, BB code,IMG code,Trackbacks....I'm lost!!! The very first computer I've ever had is in my hand.andit is totally silent.No ringtone,no Angry Bird noises.....nothing! As I said I'm lost!!! BTW,my name is Patti

11. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Welcome Patti

Also this thread wins a prize for most unusual but fun introduction thread of the week :D

the prize is three extra smileys:

:D:D:D

Patti Romo likes this.
  12. hydrostarr

hydrostarr Newbie

(fwiw, think i was able to "post with web links" after as little as 2, maybe as many as 4 posts. but not totally sure about this.)

13. hydrostarr

hydrostarr Newbie

(....and good community here. nice smiley prize. :) )

alostpacket and Patti Romo like this.
  14. Hello there! I'm newbie here as well and I don't get how to post on this forum either lol! Glad to meet you!

Patti Romo likes this.
  15. hydrostarr

hydrostarr Newbie

fwiw, side note: androidforums.com wasn't allow me to initially post in non-intro forum (The Lounge) something even without links, albeit it was a complex, heavily-formatted (bold-ed and underlined text and such) post. but no links. couldn't figure it out. hence the title on this thread.

all posts now work tho... given i've presumably reached the "min post requirement"...

Patti Romo likes this.
  16. Patti Romo

Patti Romo Lurker

None of this makes much sense to me. I'm not supposed to use links? What's a link? Like I said,I know nothing....I just want my volume to work. But T Y everyone. I'll learn.