• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to post something as newbie... even without links?

hydrostarr

Mar 15, 2011
I've tried several time to make a post in classifieds section that doesn't have any links... but the error keeps saying: "As a new user, posts cannot make posts with links or images! When you reach the required number of posts, this filter will be lifted. Contact Phases if you need to bypass this filter early." Again, no links, no images, nothing like that. But still the error.

Thoughts?

Posting a followup... I'm told this post will lift the filter.

ALSO: can someone also reply to this thread so that I know my email notifications are working? (email notifications weren't previously working because the email server wouldn't retry grey-listed email sends... i've since attempted to fix that on my email server for this address and would like to get new email notifs... hence I'm requesting a new reply to this thread... thanks!)

Upvote 0
Hi! I'm Patti, brand new today. Google sent me here to find out how to copy +paste on Face Book,I was asked to register and here I am,lol! But I got lost along the way...what with Home Page URL, BB code,IMG code,Trackbacks....I'm lost!!! The very first computer I've ever had is in my hand.andit is totally silent.No ringtone,no Angry Bird noises.....nothing! As I said I'm lost!!! BTW,my name is Patti

Upvote 0
fwiw, side note: androidforums.com wasn't allow me to initially post in non-intro forum (The Lounge) something even without links, albeit it was a complex, heavily-formatted (bold-ed and underlined text and such) post. but no links. couldn't figure it out. hence the title on this thread.

all posts now work tho... given i've presumably reached the "min post requirement"...

Reactions: Patti Romo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones