1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips How to preform a Hard Rest to "Out of the Box" status

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Homeuser66, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Homeuser66

Homeuser66 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Male
    Locomotive Engineer
    U.S.A. Connecticut
    Ok, for those of you who want/need to wipe your phone so that it deletes EVERYTHING so that you get it back to your "Out of the Box" status. I have the answer!

First: Back up What ever you want/need to back up.
    Then: MAKE SURE YOU BACKED UP WHAT YOU WANT/NEED!!!!!

DOUBLE CHECK AND MAKE SURE YOU SAVED YOUR STUFF!!-Did I make myself clear that you will LOSE EVERYTHING!!!

Read This: T-Mobile Support Community: Setting up your new or replacement device

To do another reset, that will possibly leave some cache on the phone ( I know this, as I have done it and it left info on it).

Follow these directions:
    A master reset restores the original factory settings and may erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, images, programs, and contacts stored in the internal memory. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card or memory card (if available).
    To perform a hard reset, follow these steps.
    1. Back up all necessary data that is on the internal memory. See: Back up device files: Samsung Galaxy S II
    2. From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Tap Privacy.
    5. Tap to clear the Backup my data an Automatic restore check boxes, if desired. (you might have to clear Automatic Restore first, the Back my Data)
    6. Tap Factory data reset.
    7. Tap Reset phone.
    8. Tap Erase everything.
    9. If prompted, enter the password.

Advertisement

dontpanicbobby and nsandymary like this.