1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to prevent apps from viewing your contacts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WORLD OF HURTS, Apr 11, 2012.

1. WORLD OF HURTS

Hello, Is there a way to stop apps from viewing your contacts, phone and camera other then not downloading them? I thinks it's ridiculous that they want or anyone would allow them to have control of their phone. Perhaps someone might have an app to secure your phone,camera and contacts?

Thanks,
    Hurts Don't It!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Not without root access. Certain root-only ROMS allow you to selectively allow what permission apps have, but theres nothing the non-root user can do about it.

3. WORLD OF HURTS

What might those ROMS be?

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

MIUI specifically. Its closed source chinese based.. I can link you to either the GingerBread or ICS versions if you get your phone rooted and are interested. I can also point you in the right direction of the correct root process for your device if you would like.

WORLD OF HURTS likes this.
  5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

There are legitimate reasons why apps will need to be able to read the phone state. Most want to know when an incoming phone call is connecting so that they can allow the phone to give you access to the call (it allows the phone to interrupt the app to allow you to take the phone call) Access to contacts yeah I cant see the need for that other than to spam them. Just like internet access a lot of apps depend on the internet to provide adds that help keep the apps free. So there are legitimate reasons for it just not all of it

6. WORLD OF HURTS

Just installed the Miui v4 2.4.6 and it is amazing. I loaded it last night and this morning when I was looking at the phone a message came up that Lookout Out Mobile Security was trying to read my contacts and would I like to grant access. Well thanks to Miui I never new they read my contacts so ACCESS DENIED ! Thanks again!!

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews