1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to put music from computer to phone for G2X tmobile on Mac computer!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lovelytina, Jun 2, 2011.

1. lovelytina

lovelytina Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    i am having difficulties trying to put music onto my SD card, i can copy and paste it to my media file on my MAC computer and it's there but i don't want to put it on my phone memory and want to put it on to my SD memory, please help! i have been sitting here trying to figure it out! nothing works, dragging it to the external SD and it's in there on the computer but nothing is there on the phone. please help! thank you so much!

Advertisement

2. Redoxase

Redoxase Newbie
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    Just to make sure it isn't a compatibility issue, what type of files are they (the musics)?

3. defiantbeast

defiantbeast Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 24, 2009
    Physics and Biology teacher
    Philadelphia
    You may also want to try formatting the external sd card in your phone to make sure every things in order. Just back up all your files on your sd card, and then go to settings/sdcard/format external sd. Should help. After youve reloaded everything onto your sd card and youve placed the music on the card down load astro file manager and go into external sd card and look to see if the music is were youve placed it, then click on it. This will let you know if its a music compatibility issue.

4. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Strange...I use my mac for all my music/movies and drag and drop has worked on every phone.

5. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Wait...are you "ejecting" the phone from the computer, then turning off usb storage on the phone before unplugging it? I noticed sometimes the data will become corrupted in the tranfer sometimes if I dont eject and turn off usb storage first

6. EmceeGeek

EmceeGeek Well-Known Member
    None

May 12, 2010
    Female
    Student/Music Producer
    Metro Detroit
    when you turn on usb storage two separate cards will pop up in your finder. one is your sd card, one internal memory card. on your sd card make a folder that says music, drag and drop.

Tags: