1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How To Re-Install System App

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by FortuneNowake, May 22, 2017.

1. FortuneNowake

FortuneNowake Lurker

Hi guys i rooted my device, uninstalled com.android.keyguard.apk from my samsung galaxy core prime duos it was giving me problems but i later realized i had made a mistake so i tried to install it again it failed it says 'app not installed' how do i install back a system app? My device can nolonger lock😔. I have tried the esfile explorer method and it didn't work.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Hello
    Find a stock rooted rom
    Download it to your computer
    Extract the apk
    Install it in the proper path
    Set permissions
    Reboot

Typing this on the fly sorry
    I'll clarify when I get to a computer

IsaacGuti, Bg260, Jfalls63 and 2 others like this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

o.k..so, if you find a stock rooted rom for your specific device, you can download the rom.
    Once downloaded to your computer, you can unzip the rom file (as it will download zipped up).

Find the apk and the path to your app you deleted, perhaps /system/priv-app/keyguard.apk.
    Copy that apk (from the unzipped rom) to your device. Put it somewhere you can find it with ES File Explorer.
    Now, I personally use Root Explorer but ES File explorer should perform the same function.

Open your file browser (ES File Explorer) and navigate to the apk file. Copy the file and move it to the path it came from.
    Paste it, set the permissions to match the other, existing apk's and reboot..

It's been quite a while since I've done this so if I'm missing anything, I hope someone will correct me :)

By the way, did you make a nandroid backup of you current rom? If so, you could probably extract it from that.

What is the Model number of your device? I can try to help you find the apk. ;)

4. FortuneNowake

FortuneNowake Lurker

Thank You My Model Number Is 'SM-G360H'

5. FortuneNowake

FortuneNowake Lurker

I Can't Find The Stock Rom AnyWhere On The Internet😓!

6. FortuneNowake

FortuneNowake Lurker