1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to re-read emai?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NetMXer, Oct 8, 2014.

1. NetMXer

NetMXer Lurker

I just switched from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S5 with Verizon. I've found that once I read an email message using the email app, that email will no longer show up in the Inbox. Apparently the app only displays unread email messages in the Inbox. Is there any setting to change the way this works so it will show all the messages that are in the Inbox?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to the forums and welcome to the android world . now its 3ways to help this problem and need some info to help you better . is this a Gmail app

3. BRAINZ2013

One way you could fix this would be
    Using this app with dropbox

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mailboxapp

This app makes hitting and deletion of a email safe . what it does is move to dropbox and you can delete when you want . I found this to work very good . I can even hide things that someone sends from the girlfriend .

The Gmail app settings is called general settings and its the first one . also check the boxes that say confirm deleted . this will give a pop up that will ask you one last time if you want to delete that file . be careful cause a simple swipe can put the email in the trash bin or archive .

4. NetMXer

NetMXer Lurker

No. This is the non gmail email app that came with the phone.

5. BRAINZ2013

O I see check your settings and if you delete you can retrieve from the trash bin
    This would be the one that has hotmail etc

6. NetMXer

NetMXer Lurker

No, these aren't being deleted. The app is just displaying unread emails only.

7. BRAINZ2013

Do you have the sync chosen

8. NetMXer

NetMXer Lurker

Yes. Sync is on. The read messages that are no longer in the phones inbox are still in the inbox on the email server.

9. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

What type Email account are you using? How is it configured? pop3? imap? exchange?
    In the Email app settings, there should be a setting to indicate how many days of emails to sync - what is it set to?

10. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I am using Blue Mail which performs just like my Desktop PC.

Read emails just fade out a bit but remain in the inbox. A feature that I really like because all of my other email apps do the same regardless of PC, laptop, smartphone.

You can also mark them to show up as "Unread"
    It accessess folders with ease, and moving mail to a folder is a snap.

* Blue Mail - Email App - Android Apps on Google Play

11. NetMXer

NetMXer Lurker

This is a pop3 email account. There is no setting for number of days to sync

12. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

What folder are you looking at in the app? (some accounts may have an unread folder, or priority mail folder which may be the default)
    The inbox "should" show all Emails that are in the inbox of the server.

13. NetMXer

NetMXer Lurker

It's the inbox folder

14. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

Not sure what the issue is.. sorry

Two suggestions:
    1. Try a different Email app and see if the problem persists - that way, we can figure out if the problem is with the app or the server (also if you have web access to this Email account, verify that the Email is in fact still present).
    2. If the other app works ok, try to clear out the cache and data for the normal Email app (settings/apps), and re-setup your Email accounts. See if problem persists

15. acraftylady

acraftylady Android Enthusiast

I use the stock email app on the phone and my unread emails only go away if I delete them other wise they stay there to read again. I have to servers set up in the app, AOL and time warner and they both function like that for me. Mary

16. titetanium

titetanium Newbie

Pop3, no wonder. That's a common scenario. Can you configure your email as IMAP instead of pop3?

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews