1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

how to record videos in the background?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by skyler544, Nov 6, 2011.

1. skyler544

skyler544 New Member

Nov 6, 2011
    I've spent quite a bit of time trying to find an app for my rooted droid x (running liberty 2.0.1) that will let me record videos in the background. The reason I need to do this is because I must classically condition my pet rat for psychology 101, and in order to create a video of me conditioning the rat and using the sound effect app that I will use to condition him, I have to be able to switch to the sound effect app without closing the recording. The closest I've gotten to what I'm looking for is the app "dailyroads voyager," a badly translated app that allows me to record in the background but always saves files that are somehow corrupted and then deletes them more quickly than I can move or rename them. Furthermore, the app causes a great deal of system slowdown even when not in use, meaning that it's impossible to keep installed. My research suggests that a service would make recording in the background possible for the stock camera application. If so, could someone possibly either give me or direct me to a service creating tutorial? Better yet would be a donload link to a pre built service for this exact purpose, but past experience tells me that is highly unlikely. Preemptive thanks are in order, hopefully deterring a few "tl;dr" responses.

Advertisement

2. skyler544

skyler544 New Member

Nov 6, 2011
  3. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Engineer
    New York
    Why not just use another device such as a whistle or clicker to make the noise so you don't have to do it from your phone.

4. tomasv

tomasv New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    I can't post links yet but there is a new functionality that allows you to record video from an app: hXXp://www.lunarg.com/seemegaming/