1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How to recover Android OS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by itsumapathyk, Jul 16, 2013.

1. itsumapathyk

itsumapathyk Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2013
    Please read this and see if you could help me:
    1. i have LG p698 android 2.3 phone
    2. I rooted the phone
    3. Then replaced many of android system apps with custom apps
    4. I partitioned my SD card and moved android apps there
    5. It was fine till this.

The Problem:
    1. I Unrooted the phone
    2. Merged the android partition and other one
    3. Now i did a factory reset
    4. But i dont have the essential applications like
    File Explorer
    Keyboard
    So i could not read my SD card and install applications and also i could not connect to internet as i have to signin to a google account to download apps. So i dont know how to recover the phone now.

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Hi itsumapathyk, and welcome to AF,

Sorry that you are having problems. How did you unroot the phone? I don't know that model, but generally people do this by flashing a stock ROM, which overwrites the rooted one. If you can do this then you'll be fine, because it will include the missing apps (which I guess are missing because you removed them from your system and then wiped the replacements when you did the factory reset, which will delete all non-system apps). That's the best suggestion I have, but I don't know where to find the necessary software (I can't see any device forum for that phone here).

Otherwise, if you could connect to the internet it would be easy. Without that, can you enable usb debugging? If so, if we can get hold of a compatible keyboard apk (which should be doable) you could try to install it using adb (android debug bridge), using the command "adb install application.apk", where "application.apk" should be replaced by the apk file's name. The link there should tell you how to set adb up on a computer, so try that and see whether you can get the phone to respond to the command "adb devices" (it should return the phone's serial number). If you get that going I think this is soluble.