• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to recover files when screen is black?

AppleUser

Android Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2011
My A20 mostly died today. Screen is black, and the power on button only gives a red power off button and green restart, but neither work.

Can't use Android File Transfer because I can't tap on allow debugging. When I get a Skype call the entire screen briefly lights up and looks normal. Unknown if the phone is charging as there is no noise when it is plugged in to a power source. Can't see the screen to turn on wifi.

One program for Windows (data extractor) doesn't work with the A20.

One data recovery program recognizes it as a Samsung, but wants me to tap on "TRUST" and that doesn't appear on the black screen.

I'll buy a new phone... no problem, but I'd like the pictures and other things from this phone.

The following forum is descriptive and informational indeed.I too have the same question.
I want to include that I have been facing a severe problem of not being able to reset my GPS in my Android phone Samsung A20. I have followed out the guidelines as suggested by the garmin map updates free download 2019 .
1.Firstly,opened Chrome.
2.Tapped on Settings (the 3 vertical dots on the top right)
3.Tapped on Site Settings.
4.Made sure possibly that settings for Location is set to “Ask First”
5.Tapped on Location.
6.Tapped on All Sites.
7.Scrolled down to ServeManager.
8.Tapped on Clear and Reset.
Suggest us if we have missed out on anything.

Upvote 0
Hello,

You must check the deleted pictures on Google Photos as its Trash folder keeps the data for 60 days. Also you look the items on Google Drive, maybe they are automatically synced if you have enabled the option. In addition, if you use Samsung cloud then you can login on other phone and can restore the pictures. As an alternative, you can use some professional software’s like Samsung phone data recovery that works effectively to recover deleted files from black screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones