• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to recover Samsung Galaxy S3 with cracked glass?

Slowandlow

Lurker
Jan 14, 2019
Hello!
Does anyone know a way to recover files from a Samsung Galaxy S3 with completely cracked/ broken glass? The glass might also be non responsive (no actions when touched).

I can start the phone and it powers up, gives the welcome tone and lights are beginning to flash. But since I can't unlock neither the phone or the screen, I cant get into the folders from my computer, only find the main folder.

Ive tried the Vysor, it didn't even install on PC; useless. Then I tried EaseUs Android, program worked, but offered no more options than a standard Windows file explorer- window (i.e. the program didn't find the phone, because it is locked).

Is it possible to access the locked phone in a simple way?

Thanks!
BRG / Örjan.

Im not sure I follow...? The screen is completely black, cracked and not usable, I cant see anything on the screen at all, the screen is dead. That's why I cant login or unlock the phone, since the screen is gone. Thus my question: is it somehow possible to get access to a powered but locked phone?
/ Örjan.

Upvote 0
Ah, when you said cracked, I thought it was simply broken, but still worked. It's very common for a screen to crack but the display still works.

Having a dead screen makes it harder. Unless you already had it in debugging mode, you probably won't be able to access the file system. Have you considered simply replacing the screen? They are pretty cheap now and not to hard to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones