1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to recover SMS from backup?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jpeters9, Oct 26, 2010.

1. jpeters9

jpeters9 Guest
    None
    Hey! I've had my HTC desire for 2 months now and still on 2.1. I had to do a hard restart today (I had lots of forced closes that weren't stopping) and when I started up the phone, I could not recover my SMSs. Weird thing is it backed up my MMSs (but I could not view these on my phone for some reason; I could only see them when I downloaded a backup program and viewed them on my computer), but my SMSs seem to be gone??? This is the second time I've had to do a hard restart; the first time, about a month ago, restored everything properly, including my SMSs. Is there a way to get my SMSs back in general? Other than that, loving my Desire :D Thanks!!

PS see the pics for what I'm talking about...

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      30.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      88.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      32.5 KB
      Views:

Advertisement

2. garryknight

garryknight Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    London, England
    How to get them back would depend on what you used to back them up in the first place. I use SMS Backup+ which syncs my texts to my Gmail account. If ever I need to factory-reset my phone, I can simply sync them back. I also get the added advantage that when I do a POP download from Gmail onto my PC, any newly backed-up texts come down into my mail inbox so I can archive them on my PC.

3. jpeters9

jpeters9 Guest
    None
    Oh, I'm planning to use software from now on (as shown in the pics), but previous to today, my Desire backed it up automatically to the SD card (and I ensured it backed up prior to doing the reset), leading to the recovery of all my texts the last time I reset. I'm having a feeling there was a glitch in the system and it didn't back up :S If that's the case I guess there's nothing to do... any other suggestions?

4. jpeters9

jpeters9 Guest
    None
    Ok... so weird update. I texted one of my friends and it plugged the new text into a totally different set of old texts. Looks like I will get the old texts back as I text each person, but each person I text brings back a different set of texts... for example, I texted person A, and it plugged that conversation into old person B's text string... staaarange... I'm just confused now... anyone else ever have this problem?

Tags: