1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to recover the Moto C plus in this case?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by luizcrf, Jun 11, 2021.

1. luizcrf

luizcrf Lurker

Hi, I have a moto c plus moto c plus xt1726.
    His USB port is damaged and doesn't work, but I was still able to install roms through TWRP.

The problem: Yesterday I tried
    Install a Custom Rom through TWRP, but something went wrong.
    The smartphone doesn't leave the blue logo anymore:
    1.jpg

Then I accessed the recovery mode (Volume+ and Power). The installed rom seems to have modified the recovery interface, and now it looks like this:
    2.jpg

The problem is I can't reinstall the rom.
    I accessed "Apply Uptade", selected the sd card, then the rom(zip), but I get the error message:
    5.jpg

I can't recover the moto c plus because the usb port doesn't work, and I also don't have access to android anymore, and consequently I don't have the TWRP anymore.
    Is there anything I can do yet?
    Any way to install TWRP and recover the phone in this case?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

go into recovery and and do a factory reset. then install twrp and make a nandroid back up.

what did you wipe before flashing the rom? what rom did you flash? do you have a link for it?

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Looks like you possibly flashed an incorrect custom ROM for this particular Moto phone. If it can be restored(unbricked) or not, no idea, as I don't know much about Moto phones.

As for the disappearing red Motorola logo, custom ROMs like Lineage, don't generally include device manufacturer logos in them.

#3 mikedt, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  4. luizcrf

luizcrf Lurker

Hi,
    I did the factory reset, but nothing happened.
    I can't install the TWRP pos, as I mentioned in the post, I don't have access to android (it gets stuck on the blue screen with the motorola logo), and the usb port is broken and doesn't work.

5. luizcrf

luizcrf Lurker

Hi,
    Yes, I also suspect that I installed the wrong rom, but now I can't reverse it.
    The rom I tried to install even modified the recovery mode interface, as I showed in the image above.
    The worst thing is that I can't connect the usb cable because the usb port of my smartphone is broken. I also don't have how to install twrp because the android doesn't start (it gets stuck in the blue logo, as shown in the image)
    Any solution?

6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

So you've flashed a mismatched ROM, preventing it from being able to boot up into Android itself; the TWRP Recovery/Fast Boot is apparently corrupted and also needs to be re-flashed; and apparently the USB port is problematic so you cannot even access your phone using ADB on a PC.
    At this point your phone is pretty much soft-bricked. iven the street value of a Moto C Plus the phone itself pretty minimal considering its condition, and since you've already done a Factory Reset it's not a matter of needing to recover previously saved data off of it, it might be time to just consider this a learning experience (always be sure to flash only the correct, matching, corresponding ROM) and just move on. This wasn't your daily usage phone I hope, was it just a spare, secondary phone you were experimenting with?

puppykickr and ocnbrze like this.

Motorola Moto C Plus Forum

The Motorola Moto C Plus release date was June 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, MT6737 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

June 2017
Release Date
Reviews