• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to recover the Moto C plus in this case?

luizcrf

Lurker
Nov 24, 2014
Hi, I have a moto c plus moto c plus xt1726.
His USB port is damaged and doesn't work, but I was still able to install roms through TWRP.

The problem: Yesterday I tried
Install a Custom Rom through TWRP, but something went wrong.
The smartphone doesn't leave the blue logo anymore:
1.jpg

Then I accessed the recovery mode (Volume+ and Power). The installed rom seems to have modified the recovery interface, and now it looks like this:
2.jpg

The problem is I can't reinstall the rom.
I accessed "Apply Uptade", selected the sd card, then the rom(zip), but I get the error message:
5.jpg

I can't recover the moto c plus because the usb port doesn't work, and I also don't have access to android anymore, and consequently I don't have the TWRP anymore.
Is there anything I can do yet?
Any way to install TWRP and recover the phone in this case?

go into recovery and and do a factory reset. then install twrp and make a nandroid back up.

what did you wipe before flashing the rom? what rom did you flash? do you have a link for it?
Hi,
I did the factory reset, but nothing happened.
I can't install the TWRP pos, as I mentioned in the post, I don't have access to android (it gets stuck on the blue screen with the motorola logo), and the usb port is broken and doesn't work.

Upvote 0
Looks like you possibly flashed an incorrect custom ROM for this particular Moto phone. If it can be restored(unbricked) or not, no idea, as I don't know much about Moto phones.

As for the disappearing red Motorola logo, custom ROMs like Lineage, don't generally include device manufacturer logos in them.
Hi,
Yes, I also suspect that I installed the wrong rom, but now I can't reverse it.
The rom I tried to install even modified the recovery mode interface, as I showed in the image above.
The worst thing is that I can't connect the usb cable because the usb port of my smartphone is broken. I also don't have how to install twrp because the android doesn't start (it gets stuck in the blue logo, as shown in the image)
Any solution?

Upvote 0
So you've flashed a mismatched ROM, preventing it from being able to boot up into Android itself; the TWRP Recovery/Fast Boot is apparently corrupted and also needs to be re-flashed; and apparently the USB port is problematic so you cannot even access your phone using ADB on a PC.
At this point your phone is pretty much soft-bricked. iven the street value of a Moto C Plus the phone itself pretty minimal considering its condition, and since you've already done a Factory Reset it's not a matter of needing to recover previously saved data off of it, it might be time to just consider this a learning experience (always be sure to flash only the correct, matching, corresponding ROM) and just move on. This wasn't your daily usage phone I hope, was it just a spare, secondary phone you were experimenting with?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones