1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to recovered system apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Foglight, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Foglight

Foglight Newbie

System/app/Book.apk, system/app/PlusOne.apk, system/app/Magazines.apk, system/app/Hangouts.apk, system/app/ChromeWithBrowser.apk and I appreciate any help plz

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Just download wanted APKs from playstore or pull APKs from NonFlashable removed/deodex.zip in OP of B12 stock rom. Apps will automatically go to system/apps upon installation

SuperR likes this.
  3. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Need more info. What rom are you using? Do you need odexed or deodexed apps?

4. Foglight

Foglight Newbie

I'm stock

5. Foglight

Foglight Newbie

Idk I'm pretty new at this sorry but all I know is I tried to update it look like the system app iremove has something to do with it

6. Foglight

Foglight Newbie

7. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

I am guessing you are on stock B07 (Android 4.1.2) trying to update to B12 (Android 4.4.2). If that is the case, you can grab one of the 4.1.2 stock roms from here and grab any files you want from it.

If you have a custom recovery and are on a deodexed rom, you will not be able to update using the carrier OTA (over the air) update. In this case you can go to the stock 4.4.2 rom thread to get your device updated.

If you do not have a custom recovery and are getting the OTA notification to update, I would really appreciate if you could grab the update from your /cache partition after it downloads but before you reboot to install it :)

8. Foglight

Foglight Newbie

No custom recovery for me and how I do that

9. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

That means you need the apps from the unmodified rom listed in the 4.1.2 rom link i provided earlier.

If you are willing to help out to get the update to me, you would agree to the update and it will download to your device. Once it is downloaded, it will tell you it needs to restart your device to complete the update. Don't restart yet. Open a root file manager (i use es file explorer), and navigate to /cache. You will see a large zip file with a long name. Copy it to your sdcard. Upload it. That's it :)

10. Foglight

Foglight Newbie

Will do and where will it be located

11. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

The file will be in /cache. You can upload it anywhere you want like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. Thanks :)

12. Foglight

Foglight Newbie

There you go I think I did it right

SuperR likes this.
  13. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

You sure did. Thank you very much :)

14. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

15. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Well, not much actually lol. I wanted to be sure of the partitions that were updated mostly. I was exactly correct with my guess by the way, so no changes need to be made there. There are a few file permissions that are set differently that may make some difference but not sure yet. I made some changes to the deodexed rom based on the update and am about to test it.

16. Foglight

Foglight Newbie

It will not update for nothing

17. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

You will need to replace all the apps you deleted since you rooted your device. The update checks every single file to be sure it is there before applying the update. It would be much easier to install PhilZ recovery and update following the Stock 4.4.2 thread I posted earlier.

18. Foglight

Foglight Newbie

How u do that

19. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

As in (for example) the TB issues that state I've got not internal space left & won't let me backup APKs even tho I've got MADD extra space available..? Still under my skin, Lmfao!

20. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

21. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Well, probably not but i guess anything is possible.

22. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Right on. I'm eager to find out. New one up?

23. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Not yet. I will post in the rom thread when/if I get a new one posted.

bcrichster likes this.

ZTE Warp 4G Forum

The ZTE Warp 4G release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2070mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews