• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to redial

Upvote 0
if you have the shortcut for voice dialer on your home screen you can click it and say "redial" :)

seems a bit cumbersome but good to know. thanks!

It's "cumbersome" to tap an icon and say, "Redial"? Really?

Frankly, I find just tapping on the Phone icon, going to Call log, then tapping on any one of the little green phone icons on the right an easy way to redial to ANYONE that I've spoken with recently. Most phone that redial only redial the very last person you spoke with.

Upvote 0
It's "cumbersome" to tap an icon and say, "Redial"? Really?

Frankly, I find just tapping on the Phone icon, going to Call log, then tapping on any one of the little green phone icons on the right an easy way to redial to ANYONE that I've spoken with recently. Most phone that redial only redial the very last person you spoke with.

That is the way I do it as well. It's not a big deal unless I'm driving, then I would prefer to have a redial button and or voice dialing working on Bluetooth...

Upvote 0
There is a new app on the market called Redialer that is a widget. You double click it and it redials the last number..

I just got this app for the Droid, as several others in the Market looked flakey (based on user comments). However, I have not been able to use it, as whenever I press the REDIAL icon, all I get is a blank, black page with the word REDIAL written in it. No numbers or anything else are listed, no matter how many times I press it. Has anyone else encountered that?

Upvote 0
I just got this app for the Droid, as several others in the Market looked flakey (based on user comments). However, I have not been able to use it, as whenever I press the REDIAL icon, all I get is a blank, black page with the word REDIAL written in it. No numbers or anything else are listed, no matter how many times I press it. Has anyone else encountered that?

The issue is most likely that you added it as a shortcut instead of adding it as a widget. Long press on the home screen and select widgets. Look for it in that list and select it. That should add it as a widget and it should work for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones