1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

how to remote admin android?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by InGearX, Apr 20, 2016.

1. InGearX

InGearX Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    my mom has Galaxy s3 and Tab A - not rooted

I am traveling in Asia .. she is in NYC

I need to sometimes to help her manage them .. install/remove an app .. do some settings .. etc ..

now it's very hard to remote guide her over the phone ..

sometimes I can see via skype and that helps ..

I there would be something like RDC - Remote Desktop Connection or TeamViewer or LogMeIn

or at least to mirror the screen so I could see and voice guide her

any advice?

thank you..

Advertisement

2. DroidKing23

DroidKing23 Lurker
    None

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
  3. InGearX

None

Aug 1, 2011
  4. InGearX

None

Aug 1, 2011
  5. Erik Spencer

Erik Spencer Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2016
    Male
    Wow great!

Why I haven't thought of this.? o_O I never thought that this would be possible. Good thing I bumped into this thread. :(

6. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

Jan 28, 2011
    I've long been using te free apps TeamViewer QuickSupport and TeamViewer Host on my senior-citizen parents' Galaxy S5s. Then I install TeamViewer (full, free version) on my PCs, Macs, & phone, so that I can remotely control their phones. Since I live across the country from them, it saves me massive amounts of time doing tech support for their phones.

TeamViewer QuickSupport usually requires installing a phone-brand-specific, or class-specific add-on (like this one for Samsung devices). TeamViewer QuickSupport must be manually launched and the session authorized by the person who needs the support. For my parents, even that simple action can be challenging, so I also installed TeamViewer Host on their phones.

TeamViewer Host can be made to start automatically such that the device can always be remotely controlled without any interaction by the device holder (after initially setting up and authorizing such access). There's a new version, TeamViewer Host for Samsung, that seems to works even better on Samsung devices. (The non-Samsung-specific version usually worked fine but sometimes the phones wouldn't appear as being online and available to control- especially if they're asleep). TeamViewer Host lets me control my parents' phones without them having to do anything. Sometimes I even update & manage their phones while they're asleep.

You should only need either QuickSupport or Host installed, but, you may want to optionally install both, in case there's ever a problem with Host automatically appearing online.