1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root How to remount SD card with phone on?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cabbie, Oct 1, 2010.

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Something strange is going on here. I've removed and re-seated the SD card but when the phone boots up it says theres a problem and SD will be read only. Settings->Phone/SD storage says read only. Dropbox won't download anything because it cant find the SD card. However, EStrongs File Explorer and Root Explorer say it is read/write.

I think this happened because yesterday I put the sd card in my computer and the SD adapter I use automatically goes to 'read only' with a tab on the side when you push it in. I had put some tape on it to prevent that but I suppose it got loose, so I can't modify my SD card till I get home and can fix it with the SD adapter.

Unless someone knows of a way to do it in the phone....

Advertisement

2. m6284505

m6284505 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    ATX
    Maybe copy the SD card to the computer, format it, copy data back and see what happens?

cabbie likes this.
  3. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    that worked. I never formatted the card before and I've been using it heavily (creating big nandroids, deleting them after copying them to my PC, etc) since I got my Hero a year ago. Ive been told that doing that sort of thing on SSD drives like SD cards can eventually create hangups and that they even have a 10,000 read/write life to them

Tags: