1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to remove a custom ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NO_Walking, Feb 5, 2016.

1. NO_Walking

NO_Walking Lurker

I'm looking for the stock firmware for my phone so I can flash back to it from CyanoGen 13 (which I love, but not having fingerprint scanner is a deal breaker). How do I get it back to the original Android firmware? Also, any special steps I need to take or pay attention to? I've tried to go back to a normal Odin recovery as well, but with no luck as I get errors when I try.

Device Model: SM-G900M

Baseband Model: G900MUBU1ANCE

I'd appreciate links directly to downloads, as the downloads I've found are locked behind registration or pay requirements.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NO_Walking

NO_Walking Lurker

I've actually seen that download, but like I said it's locked behind a registration/pay wall. The download will take a day or so if I do their free download, and that's complete bs.

#3 NO_Walking, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  3. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Usually get firmware from sammobile. But that will be slow unless you register as well. Registration is simple and free. That's the only way to get firmware unless someone downloads and hosts the file for you.
    It's just the way it is. Samsung doesn't expect you to flash other firmware so they don't make the .tar files available. They never really released odin to the public. But we have that too.

4. NO_Walking

NO_Walking Lurker

When I go to their download page I get this: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/search/G900MUBU1ANCE/

Any way to know which one of those downloads is for my phone? They all match my device and baseband model.

5. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest

Choose the one suitable for your region/provider

6. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

7. NO_Walking

NO_Walking Lurker

None of those match either my region or provider. I'm in Alaska, not sure why they gave me this model.

8. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest

#9 Pugs1957, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
  9. NO_Walking

NO_Walking Lurker

Kies looks like it should work! I'll give it a try a little later today and report back.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  10. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

I've been recommending it lately for some phone versions since it takes the guess work on firmware out of the problem and most people download Kies anyway to get USB drivers.

11. Pugs1957

Pugs1957 Guest

AFAIK Kies doesn't work if a device is rooted or has a custom ROM

12. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

If you were using Kies to try and backup or search for updates then no if you are rooted or on custom rom. To use it to reflash your firmware is different. You input your model number then SN when prompt and when Kies starts downloading your firmware you connect phone to PC in download mode and it will reflash your device just like Odin.

Pugs1957 likes this.
  13. NO_Walking

NO_Walking Lurker

Kies worked perfectly, restored everything back to stock.

Jfalls63 likes this.
  14. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Great to have another validation that it works.

15. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Now, would be a good time to make a note of your firmware details as per #1.8 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide and keep it safe for future reference in case you ever need to download and flash your firmware, again.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews