1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to Remove App from Homescreen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by secretsquirrel, Apr 13, 2011.

1. secretsquirrel

secretsquirrel Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    Male
    copywriter
    Borneo
    Hi,

This is a really nooby question I know but it's driving me nutz...

Just got my phone today, Incredible S, Froyo 2.2. Somehow I have this huge great silvery-gray metallic looking rectangle thing right across where the time normally displays.

If I tap it I get options for 'desk clock, world clock, alarms, stopwatch and timer'.

Evidently it's some kind of funky time-keeping widget or application, which is nice and everything - but how do I get rid of it?

The lady in the shop showed me how to get rid of an icon, by holding it and then sweeping it down off the screen. That doesn't seem to work with this big rectangular thing?

It doesn't do anything except show all that timer stuff if you tap it. Holding it doesn't do anything and I can't slide it anywhere.

?

SS

Update!

Found it eventually - looks like it is HTC's usual clock widget but it was running twice. Turned both of them off via Menu, Settings, Applications, Running... then selected 'Force stop'.

Stopping one of them didn't do anything, stopping both put my screen back to normal, with just the one big clock thing, which I can now actually read :)

This is my first Android phone, coming from Windows Mobile 6.5, which was running with SPB Shell (which is the only way WM 6.5 is usable..)

So far I'm finding Android somewhat clunky - and reminding me of why I ended up buying SPB Shell. I think when I've eventually got it set up how I want it though it should be good. Certainly looks pretty :)

Can't say I'm keen on how some widgets take up an entire screen though. All I want is short-cut icons, whereas huge widgets seem a waste of a spare screen.

Anyway, thanks for the helpful forum. :)

SS

Advertisement

Dianneatkins likes this.
  2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    ^--great to hear that you were able to find the answer to your issue :) Welcome to AndroidForums between!

Dianneatkins likes this.
  3. John Chan

John Chan Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    My Incredible S is a victim of power theft! Despite putting forum tips to good use as well as freezing most apps which used to run in the background....I am constantly watching the battery bar!

Dianneatkins likes this.
  4. deanfarnaby

deanfarnaby Member
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    John,

Do you have the latest update (2.3.3)

I found that since the update my battery life is much better.

Then again I turn off wifi etc if not using, I have sync set to low intervals, I manual sync when in wifi zone. etc etc.

I always try to get a little blast on a charger if avaliable.

Dianneatkins likes this.
  5. nikhilkantawal

None

Jun 25, 2012
    I have accidentally removed my clock widget, I am unable to get it back.
    How do I get it back? It's driving me nuts....please help.

Dianneatkins likes this.
  6. madati

madati Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2012
    hi,am gonna teach you how to remove an app from the homescreen of htc incredible s.......so what you have to do is...hold the app and drag it away.