1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How To Remove Factory Notification Tones??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andyandtherman, May 9, 2020.

1. andyandtherman

Hi All,

I want to delete the factory notification sounds but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Anybody know the way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Andy

2. Best Answer:
    Post #6 by Dannydet, May 9, 2020 (3 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

Hi Andy, do you want to delete them or is it that you want to use your own notification sounds instead? If the latter, you don't need to delete the factory ones, just go into settings-sound-notification or similar, (I've got a Pixel 3a so it is probably different) and select your own sounds which will show in the list.

Have you already got your own sounds ready in the appropriate folders ie Alarms, Notifications and Ringtones?

#2 tommo47, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Yeah
    Just add more sounds.

Dannydet, ocnbrze and marctronixx like this.
  5. andyandtherman

I've been using my own, but just thought I'd delete the factory ones if it was relatively simple.

I searched the web and there is only an outdated video telling you to download an app called ringtone remover, etc... well, there's no such thing on Samsung or the google play store. I messed with it for a while, but surely there's got to be a way to delete all of those cheesy notification sounds.

6. tommo47

tommo47 On Yer Bike, In Yer Chair
    VIP Member

I think your device would have to be rooted. The files containing the factory installed sounds are in the internal storage space and the system makes your sounds available in those files when you download them to the respective folders in either 'Shared' storage or 'SD' storage. An unrooted device does not have access to those system files.

Dannydet likes this.
  7. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

The sounds are part of the operating system and cannot be removed without rooting the device.
    You can download mp3s, wav, ogg files and place them in a folder called ringtones, then assign them as you wish

MrJavi and marctronixx like this.
  8. marctronixx

the sounds take up virtually no memory you can use anyway. just load your own sounds and keep it pushin'.

Dannydet likes this.
  9. andyandtherman

I had a feeling this was where it was going ;) Thanks for the replies. I'll just ignore the files and continue to use my own.

Dannydet and marctronixx like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6/8GB RAM, Exynos 9810 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews