1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root How to remove GMail account from rooted Droid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jetman, Jan 15, 2012.

1. jetman

jetman Member

Aug 28, 2010
    I just got a new Galaxy Nexus and want to remove my Gmail account from my old D1. I rooted it a year ago and loaded the old Smoked Glass ROM and it's worked GREAT ever since. I want to remove my GMail account from this phone so I can either sell it or give it to a friend. I searched here and read I had to do a factory reset. I tried the factory reset but that nearly bricked my phone and wouldn't load back up. I did a Clockwork restore and have it running good again, but I just want to get my Gmail account off of this phone and leave it rooted. I still have wi-fi available if there is an app I need to download to remove a system file.

How do I remove my Gmail account for the next new owner???

Advertisement

2. teddyearp

teddyearp Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Store Manager
    Pinetop, AZ
    A factory data reset _should_ have worked fine, but if you had those bad results, then there is another way, though it _might_ leave some of your apps on it. It doesn't require any other app. On your phone go here:

menu -> settings -> accounts and sync;

backup data unchecked
    auto sync unchecked

Then select your gmail account and at the bottom of the next screen you should have a button that says, "remove this account". Select it. And just in case go ahead and remove any other accounts that show there as well.

good luck